There is no doubt about the health benefits of fresh juices on our bodies. There was a rapid improvement in the subjects who participated in this experiment. However, they did not mention one thing in this program, and that is the diet of all participants so far. Although the health problems of individual persons varied, their way of eating had the same characteristics – the so-called western diet prevailed in the everyday regime.
Therefore, eating fresh juices was very important, but probably an even more important factor was that these people completely removed industrially processed foods from their diet. Unless you avoid consuming them, you cannot expect the same improvement as the experiment participants.
You can also read top-rated kettle reviews and buying guides.
Juicing brings many benefits to our lives
This document shows us an extreme example of the benefits of juicing. Of course, we do not have to stick to this and we can incorporate juicing into our lives to an extent that fits our lifestyle. Juicing can be used as occasional detoxification or as a healthy start of the day. There are many reasons to incorporate vegetable juices into your diet. So let’s mention at least the most important ones:
- Juicing will greatly help you absorb the nutrients contained in vegetables. This is very important because most people have very poor digestion due to eating too much inappropriate food for a long time. For this reason, we are no longer able to absorb all the nutrients found in raw vegetables. Juicing makes the whole process easier because the nutrients are ready to be absorbed and you will not lose any valuable substances.
- Juicing allows the consumption of large quantities of vegetables. Practically every doctor will tell you that the optimum dose of different vegetables and fruits per day is 6-8 servings. But few will manage to meet this quantity. Thanks to juicing, you can easily reach your daily goal.
- You can get more vegetables and fruits into your diet. Many people eat the same vegetables every day, which violates the principle of regular food rotation and leads to allergies to certain foods. Juicing expands the number of different phytochemicals you get from eating vegetables. Every type of vegetable has unique properties and effects on human health. Juicing will also make it easier for you to consume vegetables that you don’t normally enjoy in the raw state.
- Improving the immune system and disease resistance. Raw juice overfills your immune system with concentrated phytochemicals and “living energy” that can revitalize your body. Fresh juices also help to bring healthy bacteria into your body while helping to fight pathogenic bacteria, which settle in the intestines leading to disease.
- Increasing energy. When blood is flooded with nutrients and your body’s Ph is at the optimal level, you will feel a lot of energy. Since raw juices are absorbed very quickly and used by your body, you will experience a real surge of energy when you consume them!
Types of juicers
Classic juicers can be classified into three basic categories:
Centrifugal Juicers: Centrifugal juicers separate juice from fiber by a centrifugal force process. These are the most common and cheapest devices. The disadvantage, however, is that they are noisy, create a higher temperature, are more difficult to clean and typically less effective in separating juice from the pulp.
Two-shaft juicers: They are among the most robust juicers, but they are also very powerful. Juicing is done by slow pressing between two shafts.
Worm juicers: Worm juicers are the most used nowadays. The main reason is their high functionality, practicality and unique abilities.
The study shows that juicing vegetables is more beneficial than mixing them
Vegetable and fruit juices are also often prepared using a blender. Usually, water or other liquid is added to the fruit and after mixing it produces a thick drink called a smoothie. If you like smoothies, remember that smoothies are not the same as fresh juice. One of the main drawbacks of such a prepared drink is that you will lose a lot of valuable substances due to oxidation for mixing. You can also get a lot of vegetables because you don’t have to digest fiber that makes the smoothie denser and less palatable. Fiber has its unsurpassed health benefits, but if we are talking about getting as many nutrients from vegetables as possible, this is almost negligible. The substances we can get through juicing are much more important. The following comparison between mixed and juiced vegetables is instructive as to why fiber can be insignificant in this context.
Don’t worry about vegetables!
Your fresh juices should ideally consist primarily of green vegetables, as well as a small amount of fruit, so the sugar (fructose) content will be minimal. To improve the taste of the juice you can add kiwi, apple or a handful of berries. But the biggest ingredient should always be fresh organic vegetables – spinach, celery, lettuce, etc. Unfortunately, vegetable juice has a poor reputation due to its pungent color and superstition about unpleasant taste. However, the truth is that vegetable juice has an excellent taste and can be perfectly tuned to your needs with the help of fruit.
Adding the following ingredients is a great trick to enhance the great taste of your juices:
- Limes and lemons: You can add half a lime or lemon to each liter of juice. If you use organic fruit, you can even juice the peel. Limes are popular for reducing their bitterness.
- Cranberries and goji: If you love these berries, don’t hesitate to add them to your drink. Be careful not to exceed one small handful.
- Fresh ginger: if you like its flavor, ginger is the right thing to give your juice a proper zest. The amount should not exceed 4 g per day.
- Apple and carrot: Apple and carrot drink great flavor. We recommend moderate amounts due to the sugar content.
Preparation and storage of fresh juices
If you consume organic fruit, you can save work and juices with the peel, just wash them thoroughly. The only exception is beet, where the husk must be removed. If you make juice from non-organic fruits, you must always peel them to avoid consuming the chemicals used to treat the fruits. This is especially true for vegetables and fruits that have been waxed. Wax is able to keep these chemicals. Sometimes it can be difficult to know if the fruits are waxed because the wax is applied in a very thin layer.
- Eggplant, cucumbers, and tomatoes are almost always waxed
- Courgettes, pumpkins, and melons are waxed, but not always
- Carrots are never waxed